Hallye Casey Braud was born and raised in New Orleans, LA and is a De La Salle High School graduate. She received a double-major bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History from Louisiana Tech University.
Hallye attended law school at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, TX where she was a member of St. Mary’s External Advocacy Teams, a member of the Women’s Law Association, a consistent volunteer with Catholic Charities and Ask-a-lawyer clinics and an intramural volleyball champion.
As a member of St. Mary’s Negotiation Team, Hallye excelled in national advocacy competitions and the Warsaw Negotiation Round in Warsaw, Poland. She was an active, practicing student attorney with the St. Mary’s Legal and Social Justice Clinic where she handled civil cases for San Antonio residents that were unable to afford legal counsel. Because of her efforts, she was awarded a certificate of pro bono service upon graduating from St. Mary’s for her dedication to volunteering. Hallye is nationally recognized by the Order of the Barristers for her success in advocacy programs and service while in law school.
Hallye has worked with criminal defense firms, focusing on DWI defense, since 2012. She has represented clients in over 300 administrative license revocation hearings, argued various motions and has tried over a dozen jury trials.
Hallye is known for her criminal defense practice, and routinely handles a variety of criminal charges. However, clients consistently turn to her for their most complex Driving While Intoxicated cases. Her strong focus in this area of criminal defense gives her a major competitive advantage over those lawyers who do not take the time to master the intricacies of DWI defense law. Hallye is licensed to practice law in Texas, Louisiana, and the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana. She is also a proud member of the Board of Directors of the Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Hallye is certified to administer Standard Field Sobriety Tests from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. She has furthered her skills as a criminal defense attorney by attending the following courses:
- Top Gun DWI seminar, Houston, Texas, 2013;
- Stuart Kinard Advanced DWI Seminar, San Antonio, Texas, 2014;
- Center for American and Inter. Law Cross Examination and Impeachment, Dallas, TX 2015;
- Drug Recognition Expert introductory course, Dr. Lance Platt, Austin, TX 2015;
- TCDLA’s Criminal Law Seminar, San Antonio, TX 2013, 2014;
- Rusty Duncan Advanced DWI Seminar, San Antonio, Texas, 2014;
- Lonestar DWI Blood Seminar, 2014, 2015;
- NCDD DWI Seminar, Las Vegas, NV, 2015;
- LACDL DWI Seminar, Baton Rouge, LA, 2016;
- NACDL Voodoo of Voir Dire, New Orleans, LA, 2017;
- Tennessee Criminal Defense Seminar- Memphis, TN 2017.
Baton Rouge Bar Association, The Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association
Hallye is currently licensed to practice in Texas and Louisiana.