Baton Rouge Assault & Battery Lawyers
Protect Your Future from a Criminal Conviction
Making any unwanted physical contact with another person may be against the law in Louisiana. While assault and battery are often used together, they are not the same thing. While battery is defined as “the intentional use of force or violence upon the person of another,” assault is merely the threat of violence toward another, to the point that they fear for their safety. If you were accused of either of these crimes, the consequences can be severe. Make sure you have help from an experienced Baton Rouge criminal defense lawyer. Call Dewey & Braud Law, LLC for over 15 combined years of proven results.
Avoiding the Consequences of a Conviction
As you might imagine, prosecutors are not lenient with violent offenders. Whether or not you believe you committed a violent crime, you can rest assured the State will seek harsh consequences.
Dewey & Braud Law, LLC can assist you in defending against the below offenses:
- Battery - Intentionally using force and/or violence on another person.
- Domestic Battery - Committing battery against a member of your household.
- Aggravated battery - Committing battery using a dangerous weapon.
- Assault - Threatening or attempting to cause physical injury to another person.
- Aggravated assault - Committing Assault with a dangerous weapon.
- Terrorizing - Intentionally communicating that there is an imminent threat of violence, with the intent to cause the general public to be fearful.
- Stalking - Repeatedly and maliciously following or harassing someone.
- Cyberstalking/ Cyberbullying - Threatening or harassing someone using electronic communication.
- Sexual battery - Intentional touching of the genitals or anus without the victim's consent.
The consequences of these offenses can include hefty fines and lengthy prison sentences. You could also have a criminal record for years, making it hard to secure employment, housing, and other financial opportunities. Make sure you are prepared to fight the charges against you. Call Dewey & Braud Law, LLC to discuss your case at a free consultation.
How We Can Help
In the United States, you are to be presumed innocent unless proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Your future depends on being able to successfully defend the charges, which means you will need a skilled team of legal professionals who can review the charges and evidence against you and check for errors. Dewey & Braud Law, LLC has helped many clients to obtain favorable outcomes with their cases, including the reduction of charges, favorable plea settlements, complete dismissals and acquittals.
Let Dewey & Braud Law, LLC help. Dial (225) 414-5954 now to get started.
2 Counts Domestic Abuse Battery Reduced Charges
Domestic Abuse Battery Case Dismissed
Domestic Battery Reduced to Misdemeanor
DWI Penalty Reduced
DWI Case Dismissed
DWI Case Dismissed
DWI Reduced Charges
DWI with Accident Case Dismissed
DWI with Prior Case Dismissed