A. Thomas “Tommy” Dewey was born and raised in New Orleans, LA. He is a Jesuit graduate, class of 1984. Tommy served in the U.S. Army until 1988, where he was stationed in Germany and Ft. Benning, Georgia. He graduated with a Criminal Justice degree from Louisiana State University in 1992. Tommy was a Baton Rouge Police Department officer from 1990 and retired as a Sergeant in 2007. During his time as an officer, Tommy worked in Narcotics, Robbery, Homicide, Uniform Patrol, Special Response SWAT team and worked with the DWI task force overtime enforcement for over 10 years. He is certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing and the Intoxilyzer 5000. Tommy participated in Advanced DWI Training through the Louisiana State Police Academy at Northwestern University.
Tommy attended Southern University School of Law and graduated Cum Laude in 2007. He has been licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana since October, 2007. He has done extensive work in his legal career on DWI Defense.
In furthering his goal to remain a top-level criminal defense attorney, he has completed the following courses:
- National College for DUI Defense Summer Session in 2008, 2010,and 2013;
- TCDLA Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence in 2009, 2010, 2011,and 2014;
- Recertification: NHTSA Sobriety Testing in 2013;
- Forensic Toxicology for attorneys in 2015;
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association Summer Session in 2015;
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association Spring Seminar in 2017;
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association Spring Seminar in 2018.
Professional Memberships include National College of DUI Defense, Baton Rouge Bar Association, Louisiana Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, DUI Defense Lawyers Association, and the American Bar Association.
Tommy is married to Shannon Andre Dewey and is the proud father of six children.