Administrative Driver’s License Hearings in Baton Rouge
Lawyer for Louisiana DMV & Drivers' License Suspension
When you are arrested for a DWI in Louisiana, you immediately have two cases against you. The first is the driver's license part of your case. The second is the criminal case, which will be prosecuted by the City Attorney or District Attorney's Office. The LA Office of Motor Vehicles will attempt to suspend your driving privileges if you either failed a breath test (.08 or greater), refused to provide a sample of your breath or blood when requested by a law enforcement officer, and/or if you have waited longer than 30 days to create a Louisiana DMV hearing appointment.
It is important to have a skilled defense attorney on your side. At Dewey & Braud Law, LLC, you can trust that we will take the time to ensure your voice is heard and we will work to build you a strong defense. Check out our case results to see how we have helped people in your shoes.
If you have been charged with a DWI and your license is being suspended, schedule a case review with our attorney to see how you can build a defense and keep your license!
Suspended License Reinstatement in Louisiana
The process of drivers' license suspension and reinstatement is outlined below:
- You must request a hearing to challenge the administrative suspension within 30 days from the date you were arrested. If you or your lawyer fails to request a hearing within 30 days, a suspension will begin on the 31st day from the arrest date
- If your request was in time, a hearing will be scheduled at the Division of Administrative Law. Your attorney can appear and argue on your behalf.
- The evidence submitted at the hearing must comply with certain laws before suspension
- If you lose the administrative hearing, you have the right to appeal and keep fighting
- Obtain and file an SR22 form
- Installation and maintenance of an ignition interlock device
- Submit a court order
- Pay DMV reinstatement fees
In addition, if you are convicted of a DWI and have already served an administrative suspension for the same incident, that time will be deducted from your conviction suspension. Whether an Article 894 dismissal is ordered after all probation requirements have been completed may also shorten any applicable license suspension.
Louisiana Drivers License Reinstatement Fee
Generally, the reinstatement fee will be $60. However, if your license was suspended or revoked for an alcohol-related offense such as DUI, the fee will be $100, $200, or $300, depending on how many prior convictions you have.
A Firm With You in Mind
Dewey & Braud Law, LLC has been successful in winning administrative hearings and keeping citizens free of DWI convictions. We take the time to listen to your side of the story and we address your concerns every step of the way. Your know this process can be stressful and frightening. Trust a firm that focuses on you. If you have recently been arrested for DWI, act now and contact Dewey & Braud Law, LLC for a free consultation today.
2 Counts Domestic Abuse Battery Reduced Charges
Armed Robbery Case Dismissed
Domestic Abuse Battery Case Dismissed
Domestic Battery Reduced to Misdemeanor
DWI Penalty Reduced
DWI Case Dismissed
DWI Case Dismissed
DWI Reduced Charges
DWI with Accident Case Dismissed