Hallye Casey Braud was born and raised in New Orleans, LA and graduated from De La Salle High School. She attended Louisiana Tech University and graduated with a double-major Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History.
Hallye attended law school at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, TX where she was a member of St. Mary’s External Advocacy Teams, a member of the Women’s Law Association, a consistent volunteer with Catholic Charities, Ask-a-lawyer clinics and an intramural volleyball champion.
As a member of St. Mary’s Negotiation Team, Hallye excelled in advocacy competitions in San Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans, and Warsaw, Poland. She was an active, practicing student attorney with the St. Mary’s Legal and Social Justice Clinic where she had the opportunity to work on civil cases for San Antonio residents that were unable to afford legal counsel. Because of that experience, she was awarded a certificate of pro bono service upon graduating from St. Mary’s for her dedication to volunteering. Hallye was also nationally recognized from the Order of the Barristers for excelling in advocacy programs and service while in law school.
Hallye has worked with criminal defense firms, focusing on DWI defense, since 2012. She has represented clients in over 200 administrative license revocation hearings, argued dozens of motions and tried 12 cases to a verdict.
Hallye is certified to administer Standard Field Sobriety Tests from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. She has furthered her skills as a criminal defense attorney by attending the following courses:
- Top Gun DWI seminar, Houston, Texas;
- Stuart Kinard Advanced DWI Seminar, San Antonio, Texas, 2014;
- Center for American and International Law’s Cross Examination and Impeachment Seminar, Dallas, TX 2015;
- Drug Recognition Expert introductory course, Dr. Lance Platt, Austin, TX 2015;
- TCDLA’s Nuts & Bolts Criminal Law Seminar, San Antonio, TX 2013, 2014;
- Rusty Duncan Advanced DWI Seminar, San Antonio, Texas, 2014;
- Lonestar DWI Blood Seminar, 2014, 2015;
- NCDD DWI Seminar, Las Vegas, NV, 2015;
- LACDL DWI Seminar, Baton Rouge, LA, 2016;
- NACDL Voodoo of Voir Dire, New Orleans, LA, 2017.
She is a member of the Baton Rouge Bar Association, The Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Texas Young Lawyers Association, San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, National College of DUI Defense and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association
Hallye is currently licensed to practice in Texas and Louisiana.